Friday, March 26, 2010

When it rains it pours!!!

We have had a not so great last 24 hours. Yesterday afternoon Michelle called me here at work and Rick's Uncle was being taken to the hospital in an ambulance. Didn't know at the time what was going on. In the last 24 hours we have found out that he was shot from behind. He was found in the driveway with keys still in hand. He was on the phone with a friend when he pulled in the drive and told the friend on the phone he had to go cause his "buddy" was there. SOME BUDDY!!! This said buddy has since been arrested, confessed to stealing the 4wheeler and shooting Dave. I cant' believe anymore what this world is coming to. I have never known anyone that has been murdered and even though this is not "my family" I am having a hard time letting it go. I can't imagine dying like this. I didn't know Dave all that well, but he was always extremely nice to me. He treated his nephews and great nieces & nephews as if they were his own. I know he will be missed by his family and I hope that justice is done for the person responsible. I don't know what justice is but he will have to answer for his doings when it is his time.

This morning Dad called and said that Aunt Flo had passed. I will miss her. She was always so funny and just had a different outlook on the world than anyone i knew. Everyone always said I was alot like her. But I dont' feel like in the last several years I am anything like she was. I would like for that to change if I can figure out how to do it and get back to the "fun" person I once was.
Cindy moved Aunt Flo back here back in the fall and she was in a nursing home over in Brown County. A week or more ago, Cindy was told she had pancreatic cancer, and that it had moved elsewhere in her body. I went to visit Aunt Flo last friday with Mom & Cindy and took Josie to meet her. She was still the same old Aunt Flo. Honary as ever!!! By the time we left, Josie was putting her monkey finger puppets on Aunt Flo's hand. I'm really glad she got to meet Josie and I'm glad I got to see her one last time. I will miss you Aunt Flo and believe it or not I will miss my one and only nickname growing up that she gave me. "Dipshit" I dont' know why she called me that but she always did!!!

No comments: